Top 5 Tips for Project Management
The key to good project management is to fully understand the objectives, plan well and focus all efforts to achieve project goals successfully, whilst continuously monitoring, controlling and managing the project and resources throughout the lifespan of the project.
In short it’s all about getting a successful project completed on time and within budget.
Here at HotLizard we adopt an Agile approach to our development projects, this promotes a flexible and interactive method of project management.
Five top tips for great project management:
- 1. It is vital to understand the objectives of a project from the very start of the project.
- 2. Always plan with contingency as you never know what can come up during the lifespan of the project.
- 3. Produce a structured plan with milestones where your team and the client understand what is expected of them and when.
- 4. Communicate with the client and keep them involved through each process.
- 5. The scope of a project can change at any time. As a project manager you need to handle and manage change so that the project is kept on time and within budget, or the client is fully aware that changing the scope can impact on time and cost.